Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Crayons

I love crayons.  That doesn't sound like a rant.  The ranting comes in when I start coloring.  Doesn't matter if it's your standard Crayola, pencil thickness, or the big fat ones or the grease crayons (my personal fav), glitter crayons.....they even make fat finger crayons!!  I break them all!  What the heck!??  It's not like I press THAT hard.  Is it too much to ask that I have a whole box of in-tact crayons?  I think not.

Maybe it's something to do with physics.  Why don't I snap my number 2 pencil in half when I'm filling in something with those little circles or break my Bic?  Maybe it's because one is made of wood and the other of plastic, but is wax that far behind?  It's that weak? C'mon.  Doesn't matter though.  I always break em.

I don't know why, but I love all crayons equally regardless of color.  They all make my day.  Why don't restaurants offer crayons to adults?  Wait, some do.  I love restaurants with white paper over white linen table clothes with a little gar of crayons in the middle.  Who doesn't love to color on a giant piece of paper!?  I remember when I was in 1st grade they had these GIGANTIC rolls of paper in all different colors on a huge rack and it would take two or three kids to pull a piece off and then we got to color all over it.  LOVE!!!

Crayons even smell good.  I remember when we would melt them all down (I don't remember in what) and it came out in a round hockey puck shaped thing and when you colored with it it make all kinds of psychedelic colors! Cooooool.

I guess that's it.  I would just like them to invent a crayon that isn't a magic marker that won't break.  Why are crayons so much better than markers?  Hmmmm.

I think I like the silver crayon the best then the yellow/green one.

Happy coloring!!

~ Kate

1 comment:

  1. I always break crayons when I use them too. What about Mr. Sketch markers though? Now those really give crayons a run for their money.

    ReplyDelete